The new Porini Lion Camp, located in the exclusive 20,000 acre Olare Orok Conservancy is the ideal base from which to experience the million strong wildebeest migration. This expansive conservancy, which borders the Masai Mara Game Reserve, is home to an abundance of animals including the Big Cats for which the Mara is famous
The camp is situated only a few kilometers from the Mara Game Reserve and a 30-minute drive from the Talek Gate. The Ol Kiombo airstrip used by the daily scheduled flights to Mara from Nairobi is a short 25-minute drive from camp.
The eco-friendly camp has no permanent construction and is situated along the Ntiakatiak River, a permanent river with pools frequented by hippos. With 6 luxury guest tents the camp is very exclusive and giving you a real in the bush experience. The tents are very spacious and have private verandahs along the length of the tent, providing a secluded and private ‘space’ for you to relax and enjoy the beauty of this African wilderness. Each tent has en-suite bathrooms with flush toilets and hot showers. Food is excellent with fresh baked bread and high quality meals prepared by the camp Chef.
· Luxury Safari tents with a double and single bed, solar electric lights, en suite bathrooms with flush toilet and safari shower.
· All meals and picnic lunches
· Custom built 4x4 safari vehicles for game drives.
· Expert driver-guides. Morning, evening and night game drives in Olare Orok Conservancy
· Full day in Mara National Reserve with picnic lunch
· Escorted walk with Maasai guides
· Sundowner drinks to watch the sunset from scenic viewing points
· Transfers from Ol Kiombo airstrip to Lion Camp