Hemingways lies overlooking the ever-changing colours of the Indian Ocean. The white sands of Watamu Bay and its crystal waters form one of Kenya's finest beaches. Vasco Da Gama passed this way and erected a tower on the headland to mark his progress. It is an area of great beauty and interest.
Sparkling azure swimming pools, delicious meals taken under a dramatically high thatched roof, palm trees swaying gently in the breeze, exciting battles with big game fish - all these are to be found here at Hemingway's. The list of activities is almost endless and includes many watersports and a gymnasium and fitness centre. The bar is open to glorious sea views, dedicated to the master storyteller himself, it is home to many seafaring tale at the end of a full day.
The seventy-eight luxury bedrooms and suites are all within earshot of the surf and have views of Hemingway's deep sea fishing fleet. The rooms in the original wing of the hotel are as clsoe to the beach as it is possible to get without being built on the sand. The newer Hemingway's wing has slightly more spacious rooms whereas the Deluxe rooms and suites are extremely spacious.
· 2 swimming pools
· Water skiing
· Deep sea game fishing
· Dhow trips
· Marine Reserve
· Fitness Centre
· Nearby facilities for scuba diving, windsurfing, riding, tennis and squash
· Free trips to Malindi for shopping
· Conference facilities
· 78 bedrooms of varying sizes
· Standard rooms - with twin or double beds
· Superior rooms - slightly more spacious, on either first or second floor
· Deluxe rooms - Very spacious, on ground floor of new wing, easiest of access to garden and beach, bath as well as shower, 3 single beds, terrace with chairs and table
· Suites - Individually designed and furnished to high standard. Super king size beds, large bath as well as shower, generous lounge area
· All rooms have air conditioning and fans, mosquito nets, personal safe, room fridge, en suite shower room.