Kirurumu Tented Lodge is set high on the edge of the Great Rift Valley, enjoying a marvellous, uplifting and panoramic view eastward over Lake Manyara, the Rift floor and Mt. Losimingori. Behind Kirurumu, the Ngorongoro Highlands rise in green and fertile splendor and form the gateway to Ngorongoro Crater and, finally, Olduvai Gorge and the Serengeti.
Kirurumu Tented Lodge is a low-impact lodge, having been built with great sensitivity to the local environment. Great care was taken not to cut away any trees, the tent bases are made from local volcanic stone, the roofs are thatched, water is heated by solar panels and the local community benefits from the lodge.
Kirurumu extends the same level of care and attention to its guest as it does to the environment. Delicious home cooked food, gracious service, comfortable and well spaced accommodation, and a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere are all available in abundance at Kirurumu.
Activities and facilities:
- Ethno-botanical walks with knowledgeable and informative local Maasai
- Visit homes and bomas of the local Iraqw and Mbulu tribes
- Visit the river gorge and learn firsthand about local flora and fauna
- Trips to Karatu and Mto Wa Mbu markets
- Mountain Biking
- Board games available
- Mains electricity
- 20 double and twin "tented rooms" including two honeymoon suites
Each room/tent is fully and tastefully furnished with:
- Wooden verandah with armchairs and table
- Full interior furnishing, e.g.: desk, chair, luggage rack etc
- Full en suite facilities (flush toilet, shower, and wash-basin)
- Towels and all other soft bedding & furnishings