Situated on its own island on Lake Kariba, just off the shoreline of Matusadona National Park, lies Musango Safari Camp. It is ideally placed to offer a wide range of activities that will allow you to explore the plethora of wildlife in this beautiful area. Elephant, lion, buffalo and even the rare black rhino are all to be found here. A myriad of birds are to be found frequenting the bird-baths in front of the lodge and rooms.
Accommodation is in comfortably furnished large safari tents set under thatch, decorated with traditional fabrics and basketry, and with wooden furniture. Each has a private verandah with panoramic views over the bay with the mountains in the distance and a stone-built private bathroom. The central building is double storied and traditionally thatched. Within is the dining room, lounge, and bar. The viewing platform and a shaded swimming pool with commanding views of the lake are both ideal spots from which to view game. A typical day at Musango will involve early morning tea in your tent gazing at the lovely dawn skies, exciting activities, delicious meals and Kariba's famous flaming sunsets, before the campfire tales begin. Moonlit dinners on a floating pontoon are a particularly romantic way to end the day.
· Swimming pool
· Game walks
· Cruises on lake for game viewing and canoeing
· Visits to fossil sites, early Stone Age sites and near-by villages
· Curio shop
· Children under 12 by special arrangement
· Meals, drinks, laundry, activities, fishing tackle and bait inclusive
· 8 large safari tents under thatch - all with furnished private verandah and private bathroom - shower, basin and flush loo. 2 are Honeymoon Suites with private plunge pools
· We can also offer Maronga tented camp inside the National Park which takes a maximum of 6 people and has its own guide, vehicle, boat/pontoon and canoes. Access to Maronga is by float plane or private charter and the camp is open May to October. Transfers between Musango and Maronga are by safari vehicle or boat.