Matetsi Game Lodges, born out of a landmark decision by Zimbabwe National Parks Board to enter into their first partnership with a private company, transformed what was once a hunting concession into a haven for the hunted and a retreat for the traveller. CCAfrica have opened a lodge and a camp, both highly committed to low impact tourism, yet which enable the traveller to experience luxurious accommodation, personalised service and an interpretive wildlife experience.
On the banks of the spectacular Zambezi River lies Matetsi Water Lodge - a sophisticated harmony of teak, slate and thatch. Shaded by the indigenous mangosteen and waterberry trees, the lodge consists of three individual, intimate camps of six air-conditioned suites, each with private plunge pool, en-suite bathroom and river deck. Water Lodge affords guests full contact with the river. Hippos regularly break the surface, animals are drawn to the river to drink, birds fly overhead and you are a mere fifty minutes from Victoria Falls. You may enjoy canoeing, cruises, fishing and romantic dining at the river's edge, on decking under the giant trees that shelter the camp.
Matetsi Safari Camp is set at the edge of an open grassland system and waterhole, where wildlife gathers. It brings together the romance of a colonial style safari, of tents and candlelight, with the modern conveniences of air conditioning, private bathrooms and solid structures. From the sparkling pools and tree-shaded decks, guests will be able to view the passage of game and have their every need attended to. Whether you visit in the summer when nature dons her finest colours or during the dry winter when game is at its most plentiful, drawn to the waterhole at the front of the camp, Matetsi will romance you with its charm.
Both Safari and Water Lodge serve excellent Pan-African cuisine, characterised by fresh flavours and the light simplicity that is so welcome in a hot climate.
· All meals and non-imported drinks inclusive
· Game drives, fishing and guided bush walks inclusive
· Daily shuttle into Victoria Falls Town inclusive
· Riverboat cruises and canoeing on Zambesi inclusive
· Matetsi Water Lodge - 3 riverside camps, each of 6 double rooms. Each room has private bathroom, deck and plunge pool
· Matetsi Safari Camp - 24-bedded tented camp. Each suite air conditioned with private bathroom and deck. Reception and lounge/dining deck with two swimming pools and curio shop