Mara Porini Camp has recently been set up in the exclusive wildlife conservancy of Ol Kinyei, one of the most beautiful wilderness areas in the Serengeti-Mara eco-system. This is pristine wilderness with open savannah plains, riverine forest, springs, streams and rivers, rolling hills and spectacular views across the Mara. Ol Kinyei belongs to a Maasai community who has recently set aside the conservancy as a sanctuary for wildlife. The conservancy holds a wide variety of the animal species for which the Mara is famous including a large resident pride of lions.
The camp is located less than 18 kms from the Maasai Mara park boundary. Ol Kinyei Conservancy is 250 kms from Nairobi by road - a 4 hour journey. It has its own airstrip for private charter flights and is 16 kms from the Siana airstrip used by the daily scheduled flights to Mara from Nairobi
The Porini camp has 6 guest tents sited in the shade of Yellow-barked Acacia trees along the banks of the Laetoli, a permanently flowing watercourse within Ol Kinyei. The tents are spacious and each has an en-suite bathroom with flush toilet and safari shower. With no more than 12 guests in camp one gets the experience of real camping in the bush in an exclusive private wilderness but with all the comforts required by discerning travellers. Food is excellent with home baked bread, fresh salads and high quality meals prepared by the camp Chef.
· Large Safari tents with a double and single bed, solar electric lights, en suite bathrooms with flush toilet and safari shower.
· All meals and picnic lunches, free mineral water, sodas, gin & tonic, beer and house wine.
· Custom built 4x4 safari vehicles for game drives.
· Expert driver-guides. Morning, evening and night game drives in Ol Kinyei Conservancy.
· Full day in Mara National Reserve with picnic lunch.
· Escorted walk with Maasai guides.
· Sundowner drinks to watch the sunset from scenic viewing points.
· Transfers from airstrip to Porini Camp