The lodge sits on the banks of a broad 'bow' in the Mara River, with sweeping views over waters inhabited by large pods of hippo. The indigenous forests around the lodge are home to elephant and buffalo, while the plains are inhabited by all the big cats and large herds of antelope, zebra and giraffe and other plains game.
The Voyager Safari Lodge offers 78 en suite rooms, all with beautiful views over the river and the forests beyond. Most of the rooms are located in intimate cottage-style buildings, with several interlinking rooms. There are also two spacious family/suite rooms in the double storey block for those seeking a bit more space and luxury. Half a kilometre downstream, our permanent tented camp offers seven double en suite tents - and a more adventurous encounter with wild Africa.
The public areas of Voyager Safari Lodge all look out over the river, with its lively theatre of hippos and crocodiles, and are shaded by acacia trees alive with nest building weaver birds. The main building houses a charming river-facing bar and a broad terrace, where breakfast and lunch are served when the weather is fine. On the edge of the lodge's grounds, an intimate two-storey thatched house offers a unique venue for small conferences, workshops and functions. The lodge has a secluded swimming pool set in a pretty walled garden.
The programme of activities (many are optional) is full and varied. Thrice daily game drives, dawn balloon safaris over the plains, Masai dancing, bush breakfasts and a host of other things ensure first-rate entertainment. A cocktail terrace and a pool will make your 'time out' equally pleasurable.
· Game drives 3 times a day with expert Masai driver-guides in custom built 4x4s
· Walking safaris with armed rangers (optional)
· Bush breakfasts and sundowners on river banks (optional)
· Flying safaris to Lake Victoria with modern watersports and fly fishing for giant Nile perch (optional)
· Private dinners in swimming pool gardens (optional)
· Supervised children's safari activities and special children's game drives with the Adventurers Club
· Traditional Masai entertainment
· Wildlife videos, slide shows and presentations by local rangers and conservationists
· Restaurant serving homemade cuisine
· Special vegetarian kitchen and dedicated chef
· Riverfront Hippo Bar
· Riverside Conference Rooms and Cocktail Terrace
· Secluded swimming pool and sunbathing garden
· Gift shop with souvenirs and safari 'essentials'
· All weather airstrip within 5 minutes' walk
· Reliable 240v generator power in all rooms