In 1976 Little Governor's Camp was built around a small lake that teems with birds and wildlife. The seventeen tents are reached by boat, across the Mara River, and the exquisite setting is serene and romantic. The serenity is only broken by visiting hippo, who graze here at night, and by the rich birdlife that lives near or by the river.
Like Governors' Camp yet more intimate in feel, as the name would suggest, Little Governors' is entirely under canvas. The tents at Little Governors' are very carefully positioned so that the private verandahs overlook a watering hole which is extremely popular with game, particularly elephant. Luxurious furnishings, private bathrooms, a fully stocked bar, wonderful service and a highly experienced French Chef ensure that travellers experience a true safari yet enjoy a high degree of comfort.
· Game drives
· Game walks
· Balloon safaris with champagne breakfast cooked over balloon burners available
· Fishing - Lake Victoria is forty minute flight from Mara - fish for Nile perch - also excellent for birding
· Fully stocked bar
· Dining tent
· French chef
· Safari breakfast al fresco
· Picnic lunches
· Sundowners and bush dinners provided on request
· Children of all ages catered for
· 12 twin bedded tents and 5 double bed tents each with private shower room and private verandah overlooking watering hole