Your personal Information
As a travel company dealing with clients, we may collect non-public, personal information directly from our customers, other persons on our customers' bookings or their agents. We define "personal information" as information that is unique to an individual and might include the following information: name, contact details, travel preferences and special needs/disabilities/dietary requirements etc that you supply us or is supplied to us, including any information about other persons on your booking. Your personal information is collected when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa) or make a booking. You are responsible for ensuring that other members of your party are aware of the content of our Policy and consent to your acting on their behalf in all your dealings with us. We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
Our Use of Your Personal Information
For the purpose of providing you with our services, including your flight, holiday or insurance, etc., we may disclose and process your information outside of the Republic of South Africa. In order for you to travel abroad, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your personal information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. These requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
If we do receive your personal information, we will only use it for the purposes described where it is collected, and we will not sell, license, transmit or disclose this information outside of Africa Journeys Escapes unless:
- 1. You expressly authorize us to do so,
- 2. It is necessary to allow our service providers or agents to provide services for us,
- 3. In order to provide our services to you (and contacting you where necessary),
- 4. It is disclosed to entities that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other entities with whom we have joint marketing agreements,
- 5. it is necessary in connection with other business purposes including, without limitation, customer care, service quality, business management and operation, risk assessment, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, marketing, customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection, or otherwise as we are required or permitted by law.
Direct Marketing Material
- 1. We may from time to time contact you with information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. Our websites will assume you to agree to e-communications when you make a booking.
- 2. You may indicate your preference regarding receiving third party direct marketing material.
- 3. If do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please do not hesitate to contact us - we respect your privacy.
We appreciate your questions and comments about our organization and services and welcome your email messages to mailboxes listed on our website. We will share your messages with those within our organization that are most capable of addressing the issues contained in your message. We will keep a copy of your message until we have had an opportunity to address your concerns. We may archive your message for a certain period of time or discard it once it is no longer needed.